Read Time:1 Minute, 21 Second
Good evening aspirants, Today we are with a special article on preventive vigilance topic for SBI CBO written exam preparation. Hope you find this informative and helpful.
Name of the topic : Preventive vigilance
Important rationales for preventive vigilance
- Day Books checking is perfect and performed by rotation by all officials.
- All supervising officials maintain individual passing scrolls.
- Total of Cash Scroll and Transfers Scroll tallies with the Cash Book figures.
- Error Book/Mistake Register is maintained.
- Statements of accounts are submitted in time.
- Factual position of balancing, or memos, etc. is furnished in the Branch Manager.
- Transit Voucher Book is maintained.
- Duties of staff members are changed periodically.
- Proper care is taken for overnight custody of vouchers and balance books.
- Daily statements in respect of Branch Clearing General Account, Drafts Accounts, Agency Clearing, R.T.C., Govt. Accounts, Foreign Department Calcutta. etc. are thoroughly checked and dispatched daily.
- Realistic & factual replies to IOA Memos are given promptly after verifying the actual position.
- All alterations are authenticated.
- Signatures of the constituents’ on letters of authority to debit their accounts, on cheque book requisitions, requests for duplicate passbooks are scrutinized.
- Instructions for issue and custody of tokens are observed meticulously.
- Acknowledgments of cheque books issued to third parties are received in time.
- While issuing duplicate passbooks, proper identification is done.
- “Pass Books Retained Register” is maintained on daily basis.
- Withdrawals from inoperative accounts are passed after through scrutiny.
- Unpaid instruments are entered in ” Cheques Referred and Returned Register” with reasons
- New account holders are introduced to the satisfaction of the Bank.