Hello readers,We know you all are preparing hard for upcoming governmental exams.
To crack any exam first of all we have to prepare a strategy plan & then we have to strictly follow that plan to conquer the exam.While few choose to study themselves & rest of them choose coaching classes. Now this is your personal choice,but in both cases we have to stick to certain rules because there is no shortcut for success.
Now this time we are with a complete study plan for SSC combined higher secondary level exam 2016 which will held in the month of October-November 2016. SSC CHSL exam is conducted by SSC every year for the recruitment in LDC[Lower Division clerk] & DEO[Data Entry operator] posts for central government departments viz. CAD, CSD, MOD etc. In 2015, 2 additional posts of Postal Assistant & Sorting assistant were also included.
Platform of the exam & Eligibility:
The minimum qualification of the exam is 10+2.
The exam generally consists of 4 sections:
- Reasoning/General Intelligence:
Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence,Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences ,Figural Classification ,Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion,Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation ,Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams.
2. Quantitative Aptitude:
Fundamental arithmetical operations[ Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots], Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work,Trigonometry,Statistical Charts[Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart],Geometry[ Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles],Number Systems.
Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
current events,India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Study plan & Strategy for the exam
Now you have ample time for this exam approximately 9-10 months so you have to effectively follow this study plan.
As you all know that every year applicants are increasing at a faster rate as per news around 80 lakh students have applied for CHSL 2015 exam for 6400 posts means 1:1333 ratio of success, so be ready to face tough competition.
Now, cutoff for LDC will not increase above 130 while Cutoff for DEO will remain below 140 this year for General category means in order to get selected you have to attempt more than 150 with a good accuracy of 85-90%.
So its clear that in order to get selected for this exam you must have sufficient kn knowledge in all the sections.
For Reasoning :
A simple trick to conquer this section & to score a decent score of 40 there are few steps:
- First of all take a thorough look over last 4 years paper to get a rough estimate of the main topics as in the Syllabus there are so many topics.
- Now, make your basic concepts strong by various set of questions.For this, you can refer to any Coaching notes, otherwise R S Agarwal reasoning book is best in all prospects.
- Finally, Do regular practice & most important thing is the speed with accuracy means try to solve questions fast with less error.
For Quantitative Aptitude:
- This section is the most important in all prospects especially for those who are strong in maths.This section may create problem because this exam is conducted in different shifts & in different days so difficulty level of maths always varies.
- For this Quantitative Aptitude by R S Agarwal is the best.
- For this section, S P Bakshi book is the good option. The difficulty level of this section always ranges from easy to moderate & in this you can easily score 35 marks by good accuracy.
For General Awareness section:
- Lucent general knowledge book is good for Indian Polity,Geography,history & science
- For current affairs, read daily newspaper & monthly GK magazine[Pratiyogita Darpan, Chronicles].
To maintain good speed in the exam, you have to do Practice by solving mock papers & sectional tests.